Hopes for Missio Dei Church
There are several hopes that we as the leadership of Missio Dei have for this next season of ministry as we transition to our Missional Outpost in New Lenox. The church is an identity of God’s “called out” and “gathered people,” whose foundation is God’s revelation and the work of Christ (Matt. 16:13-20). Therefore, we want to be faithfully obedient in the proclamation and demonstration of the gospel (Acts 2:42-47). Please be prayerful about these hopes.
Hope #1: That we would grow in Gospel Depth.
- Growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Growing in our understanding and application of Scripture.
- Growing in ongoing faith and repentance.
- Growing in joy and humility.
Hope #2: That we would grow in Community Depth.
- Deepening existing relationships in life-on-life application of the gospel, through missional communities, gender specific groups, and natural forming friendships. For starters, growing in the “one anothers” of Scripture:
- Love One Another: John 13:34-35, 1 Peter 1:22, 4:8, 1 John 3:11
- Fellowship with One Another: 1 John 1:3-7, Acts 2:42-47
- Forgive One Another: Ephesians 4:25-32
- Accept One Another: Romans 15:7
- Serve One Another: Gal. 5:13-14
- Teach One Another: Col. 3:16
- Be Patient with One Another: 1 Thessalonians 5:14
- Pray for One Another: James 5:13-16
- Submit to One Another: Ephesians 5:1-21
- Encourage One Another: 1 Thess. 5:11-15
- Expanding community, broadening scope and diversity of culture, place in life, ethnicity, age, and geography.
Hope #3: That we would grow in Missional Depth.
- Growing in personal demonstration and proclamation of the gospel.
- We hope that missional communities will have greater influence in their cultural contexts.
- Growing in obedience and faithfulness to make disciples, both new disciples and seasoned disciples.
- Seeing new leaders raised in missional communties, teaching and preaching, and worship leadership.
- Growing in our investment in church planting beyond hopes and dreams, but moving towards in raising and training church planters and developing church plant teams.
- Growing our international influence for the gospel, beginning with Jos, Nigeria.
Church family: commit to pray over these hopes. May the Holy Spirit move to make this happen for God’s glory, our joy, and the advancement of the good news of Jesus Christ.