Everyone at Missio Dei is gathered from various walks of life, and each of us is on a spiritual quest to know and experience the good, the true, and the beautiful. Some of us are fervently committed. Some of us are cautiously curious. And others of us are somewhat skeptical.
Wherever you are on the journey, we hope that you feel welcomed and at home in our church. Perhaps you have never been to church (or have only been a handful of times) and fear that you will not know what to do, how to act, or what to say. Be assured: this church is for people just like you. It is our commitment to walk you through each and every step of the worship service so that you will not feel like an outsider. People will greet you warmly at the door. You will be given a worship bulletin and be seated in our meeting space. From there you can expect some music, prayer, and teaching from the Scriptures. Additionally, you will learn more about our church and where you might best fit in.
Some of you may wonder what is the "dress code." Missio Dei definitely has a "come as you are" mentality! Even Paul, the pastor, wears jeans to church! However you feel most comfortable is the way you should come!
Typical Sunday Morning
Our goal as a community is to be a church with passionate faith in Jesus Christ that sacrificially loves, serves those in need, and draws people into an ever-deepening relationship with God.
Every Sunday morning we want to help to facilitate a real connection between the Creator of the Universe and yourself through worshipping together. Since worship should move people towards participation rather than observation, we want to walk through a typical service so you can participate.
Order of Worship:
- Welcome and Family Announcements: During this time we share important family announcements and get our hearts ready to worship.
- Call to Worship: We begin our time together by being called to worship by using Scripture to focus our hearts and minds on God.
- Musical Worship: We believe worship is an act of the heart. We invite you to worship God through songs.
- Receiving of Tithes and Offerings: We have three guidelines when we think about giving: tithe, sacrifice, and responsibility.
- Message: Every week you will hear an expositional sermon from the Bible that will challenge you to draw you into an ever-deepening relationship with God and the world around you. Generally speaking, we walk through whole books of the Bible instead of topical sermon series. (How does expositional preaching differ from other kinds of preaching?)
- Communion: We celebrate communion on a weekly basis. Additionally, during this time we receive our benevolence offering as a response to God's goodness to us!
- Worship: We end our time together worshipping Jesus.
You should always feel the freedom to participate actively in our worship or to just listen and observe at your discretion. After service people often spend 30-45 minutes greeting with one another and then frequently go in groups to lunch or dinner.