Topic: New Testament Expository Passage: Acts 28:1–28:31
Week 68 of a 68 week series in which we will be exploring the book of Acts in a series titled "The Church: Continuing What Jesus Began." This series will not just be a travelogue through the early church's history. It will be a reminder for us of what Jesus did on the earth in his tough, compassionate, loving, healing deeds and what he said on the earth in his truthful, authoritative, convicting, comforting teaching was only the beginning of his doing and his teaching.
Theme: "God accomplishes His Great Commission by protecting, providing for, and empowering His servants who obediently proclaim the gospel to all people."
- Read aloud the above Scripture and talk about what stood out to you. This could be Scripture alone or it could something that the sermon pointed out to you from Sunday.
- Is world missions supposed to be the responsibility of all Christians, or only of those whom God so calls?
- Agree/disagree: Missions is the ultimate reason the Lord has left the church on earth.
- How can a person know where he or she fits in to God’s purpose in the Great Commission?
- If a person is apathetic toward world missions, should he conclude that he isn’t called? Or, could there be a more serious problem?
- So, what are we, as individuals and as a Missional Community, going to do with this section of Scripture? What is God calling us to be? What is God calling us to do?