God's Protective Hand
Topic: New Testament Expository Passage: Acts 25:1–25:12
Week 61 of a 68 week series in which we will be exploring the book of Acts in a series titled "The Church: Continuing What Jesus Began." This series will not just be a travelogue through the early church's history. It will be a reminder for us of what Jesus did on the earth in his tough, compassionate, loving, healing deeds and what he said on the earth in his truthful, authoritative, convicting, comforting teaching was only the beginning of his doing and his teaching.
Theme: God will protect His servants from the forces of evil and use us according to His sovereign purpose.
- Read aloud the above Scripture and talk about what stood out to you. This could be Scripture alone or it could something that the sermon pointed out to you from Sunday.
- Why is it crucial and very practical to see every circumstance as under God’s sovereign control?
- How can a people-pleaser learn to take a stand for God’s truth? Where is the biblical balance between truth and love?
- How far should Christians go in using the government to uphold righteousness? How far can we go in legislating biblical standards in a secular and pluralistic culture?
- If God is sovereign over frustrating circumstances, is it wrong to seek to get out from under them? Why/why not?
- So, what are we, as individuals and as a Missional Community, going to do with this section of Scripture? What is God calling us to be? What is God calling us to do?