Finishing the Course
Topic: New Testament Expository Passage: Acts 20:22–20:27
Week 49 of a 68 week series in which we will be exploring the book of Acts in a series titled "The Church: Continuing What Jesus Began." This series will not just be a travelogue through the early church's history. It will be a reminder for us of what Jesus did on the earth in his tough, compassionate, loving, healing deeds and what he said on the earth in his truthful, authoritative, convicting, comforting teaching was only the beginning of his doing and his teaching.
Theme: To finish the course, you must put the ministry that you received from the Lord above even life itself.
Sermon points on how to Finish the Course
- You must recognize that God has entrusted a ministry to you.
- You must recognize that you are a conscript, not a volunteer.
- You must sign over your life to Jesus Christ, expecting hardship as you follow Him.
- You must keep the finish line in view: faithfulness to the Gospel of God's grace.
- You must feed on and proclaim the whole purpose of God.