How One Man Changed the World
Topic: New Testament Expository Passage: Acts 20:1–20:16
Week 48 of a 68 week series in which we will be exploring the book of Acts in a series titled "The Church: Continuing What Jesus Began." This series will not just be a travelogue through the early church's history. It will be a reminder for us of what Jesus did on the earth in his tough, compassionate, loving, healing deeds and what he said on the earth in his truthful, authoritative, convicting, comforting teaching was only the beginning of his doing and his teaching.
Theme: Paul changed the world through his commitment to establish and strengthen local churches.
- Read aloud the above Scripture and talk about what stood out to you. This could be Scripture alone or it could something that the sermon pointed out to you from Sunday.
- How important is Sunday worship? Are we free to have our main gathering on other days? What are the practical implications of the term, “the Lord’s Day”?
- Someone says, “Having communion every week makes it a meaningless routine.” Your response?
- At what point is a believer mature enough to move from being discipled to being a discipler of others?
- How can we practically demonstrate our unity with Christians who attend other churches? Should it be something structured or something organic and spontaneous?
- So, what are we, as individuals and as a Missional Community, going to do with this section of Scripture? What is God calling us to be? What is God calling us to do?