August 4, 2013 Series: Acts - The Church: Continuing What Jesus Began
Topic: New Testament Expository Passage: Acts 20:17–20:21
Week 46 of a 68 week series in which we will be exploring the book of Acts in a series titled "The Church: Continuing What Jesus Began." This series will not just be a travelogue through the early church's history. It will be a reminder for us of what Jesus did on the earth in his tough, compassionate, loving, healing deeds and what he said on the earth in his truthful, authoritative, convicting, comforting teaching was only the beginning of his doing and his teaching.
Theme: A godly leader is marked by a servant attitude, transparent integrity, godly character, and faithful biblical teaching.
- Read aloud the above Scripture and talk about what stood out to you. This could be Scripture alone or it could something that the sermon pointed out to you from Sunday.
- How does a servant know when to say no to demands that people make on him?
- How open should a leader be regarding his personal weaknesses and failures? Does transparency mean baring all?
- What practical steps can we take to grow in humility?
- Can love and kindness be joined with uncompromising faithfulness to God’s truth? How? Where is the biblical balance?
- So, what are we, as individuals and as a Missional Community, going to do with this section of Scripture? What is God calling us to be? What is God calling us to do?