God's Workers in Process
Topic: New Testament Expository Passage: Acts 18:18–18:28
Week 43 of a 68 week series in which we will be exploring the book of Acts in a series titled "The Church: Continuing What Jesus Began." This series will not just be a travelogue through the early church's history. It will be a reminder for us of what Jesus did on the earth in his tough, compassionate, loving, healing deeds and what he said on the earth in his truthful, authoritative, convicting, comforting teaching was only the beginning of his doing and his teaching.
Theme: To accomplish His work of proclaiming the gospel and strengthening the church, God uses workers who are all in process.
- Read aloud the above Scripture and talk about what stood out to you. This could be Scripture alone or it could something that the sermon pointed out to you from Sunday.
- Do you think that making vows is a healthy or unhealthy approach to spiritual growth? Why/why not?
- Why is it essential for every Christian to be able to lead another person to faith in Jesus Christ? What are the basics here?
- How can a Christian discover where God wants him to serve?
- A person tells you, “I tried reading the Bible, but I couldn’t get much out of it.” How would you help him?
- So, what are we, as individuals and as a Missional Community, going to do with this section of Scripture? What is God calling us to be? What is God calling us to do?