Week 17 of a 19 week sermon series titled "A City on the Hill". During this series we will be looking a Jesus' Sermon on the Mount. Throughout this sermon, we see Jesus flip the Jewish cultrual norm completely upside down by using the phrase, "You have hear it said....". The words “seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you” shapes the way we are to look at the world around us. Through this sermon, we learn to have enormous Kingdom hearts and eyes.
Throughout this sermon, we see things like:
- Instead of murder → there is no name calling
- Instead of no adultery → no lust
- Instead of divorce sometimes → there are real restrictions
- No false swearing → no swearing
- Eye for an eye → don’t retaliate
- Love your neighbor → love your enemy
- Instead of worrying → don’t be anxious.