It just doesn’t work to start in the middle of a story. There will be conversations that make no sense to you. There will be decisions and reactions that confuse you. If you make Christmas only about the baby in Bethlehem, you’re doing the same thing. You’re picking up in the middle of the story. We need to go back to the beginning of the story.
Throughout this series, we will be covering the following:
- The Need (Genesis 6:1-8) We are sinful people who in need of a great redeemer.
- The Promise (Isaiah 59:1-21) God promised that He would send a redeemer to come and save the world from their sins.
- The Announcement (Luke 2:14) Angles come down from heaven to make the greatest annoucement in history.
- The Plan (Isaiah 53:10) Jesus was sent into this world to do the will of His Father. That plan included Jesus Christ going to die on the cross so that we might be made righteous before the Father.
- The Accomplishment (1 Peter 2:4-10) God saved his people from sin and death and saved us to be salt and light in His Kigndom spreading His Good News to the ends of the earth.