Children's Ministry Update
Hooray! After almost a year, we’re excited to offer a modified Kids Crossing experience! For the months of March and April, nursery and one Kids Crossing class will be provided on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month (March 14/28, April 11/25). (Decisions regarding a schedule for May will be made once we are closer to that time.) We can’t wait to see the kiddos of MDC again! To help our volunteers plan accordingly, please plan to RSVP on the Realm.
Using Kids Crossing is up to parent discretion/comfort level. The church bags will continue to be available but we will discontinue providing snacks in the bags.
Here’s a few things that might be helpful to know as parents:
- All volunteers will be required to wear masks.
- We plan to do our best with social distancing upstairs, but masks are strongly encouraged for kids 3+.
- Toys and surfaces will be sanitized with food-grade disinfectant after every service.
- The nursery will now begin at the same time as the upstairs class- after the first set of songs/passing of the peace. This allows for everyone to enjoy singing together.
- Volunteers will NOT be changing diapers or facilitating bathroom breaks. The youth helpers will be available to retrieve parents should either of these things need to be done. Parents are encouraged to regularly check in on a potty-training child. Older kids will naturally be able to use the bathroom on their own should they need it.
Kids attending Kids Crossing upstairs will return to the service at 10:50 am to avoid congestion on the stairs.
- As in the past, please encourage your older children to stay out of the nursery/upstairs classroom to reduce exposures/germs.
- If your child has had any cough, fever, runny nose, diarrhea, etc in the last 24 hours, please keep them out of the classes or consider making use of the live Youtube stream at home.
More in Pastor's Corner
March 30, 2021Creative Ways To Invite Your Neighbors To Easter Sunday
March 4, 2021Children's Ministry Update
February 22, 2021Praying for Our Elders